With the countdown to Super Rugby Pacific more than underway, teams are starting to put the final touches to their pre-season campaigns. After gruelling blocks of training, the Australian teams and Fijian Drua will begin trials this week as they put what they learnt into action ahead of a crucial 2022 season.
The action will begin this Saturday as the Waratahs welcome the Brumbies to Bowral Rugby Club, which will be live through NSW Rugby TV powered by Clutch.
It will also feature the reigning Super W Champions Waratahs facing off in an intra-squad City v Country Origin match as they begin preparations to defend their near five-year unbeaten streak.
Darren Coleman’s side will then face a selection of Shute Shield sides Western Sydney Two Blues, West Harbour and Hunter Wildfires in 25-minute thirds at the brand-new Eric Tweedale Stadium in Granville on Saturday February 5.
They will round out their preparations at Roma on February 12 against the Reds at Roma Echidnas Rugby Club.
The game will be shown on the Reds’ YouTube channel, as well as their clash against the Force on February 5 at Ballymore.
Meanwhile, the Brumbies have confirmed they will host an intra-squad trial after the match against the Waratahs they start the regular season against the Western Force on February 19.
Finally, the Rebels will ramp up their preparations in a crucial hitout against the Drua on Thursday February 12 at Harlequins.
They will be looking to build after their emphatic 35-14 win over the Waratahs in a pre-Christmas trial.
Both the Rebels ‘A’ and Brumbies Runners will then face off twice on February 12 and March 26.
The February trial will act as a double header with their respective Super W sides as they look to build ahead of a crucial season.
The Western Force were set to play the Fijian Drua in Ballina, however, the trial was cancelled due to border controls.
Further broadcasting details for the trials will be confirmed in the coming days
Super Rugby Pacific trials 2022
*all times local
- Saturday, January 29: NSW Waratahs v Brumbies/Super W: Waratahs City v Waratahs Country, Bowral Blacks Rugby Club, Bowral (5:30 pm) – Live on NSW Rugby TV
- Saturday, February 5: Waratahs v Shute Shield sides Western Sydney Two Blues, West Harbour and Hunter Wildfire, Eric Tweedale Oval, Granville (from 4:00 pm)
- Saturday, February 5: Queensland Reds vs Western Force, Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane – Live on Reds YouTube/Website
- Thursday, February 10: Melbourne Rebels v Fijian Drua, Harlequins Rugby Club, Melbourne (6:00 pm)
- Saturday, February 12: Queensland Reds v NSW Waratahs, Roma Echidnas Rugby Club, Roma (7:30 pm) – Live on Reds YouTube/Website
- Saturday, February 12: Brumbies W v Melbourne Rebels, Lavington Sports Ground, Albury (2:00 pm)
- Saturday, February 12: Brumbies Runners v Melbourne Rebels A, Lavington Sports Ground, Albury (2:00 pm)
- Saturday, March 26: Brumbies Runners v Melbourne Rebels A, Greenfield Park (2:00 pm)